Thursday, December 28, 2006

Taking Stock

I was going to mark the first(ish) anniversary of my blog (I actually began it last November) with a makeover, but I tried all the other templates available on blogger and I don't care for any of them. Instead, I've added a "links" list which is now a little empty but which will eventually be chockfull of good stuff.

My blog entries have been rather spotty, I'll admit, since I began my period of indentured servitude, but I've kept it up relatively regularly for a year and that's pretty impressive by my standards. (Insert your own joke about my standards here.) I was accused of blogging negligence the other evening, but I get accused of so many things (eating catfood, keeping an Easy-Bake Oven on my bedside table, hating homosexuals) that I find I just don't care.


I could make a New Year's resolution to blog more often, but instead of making New Year's resolutions, I'm thinking of using these last few days of the old year to tie up loose ends. For instance, I was talking to a friend last night who used the word "deleterious" in conversation, and I realized it was the first time all year I'd heard it used and I told him I was really glad he'd managed to work it in before the year was out. So, I'm going to try and work in some words I haven't had opportunity to use in 2006 ("exegesis," "crepuscular," "orotund"), wear all the clothes I forgot I had (this might require some layering, but layering is good in winter), and use up all my "best-before-the-end-of-2006" foodstuffs. The added benefit of this plan is that spending the last few days of 2006 in such a lameass way will ensure 2007 is a better year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you weren't so busy eating catfood, baking mini-pies in your bedside easy-bake oven and secretly plotting against the homosexuals that surround you, you'd be able to enjoy the last few days of 2006, which has been a toothsome year. can a year be toothsome? it can be when you're tokyo sexwale.

Anonymous said...

"My blog entries have been rather spotty, I'll admit, since I began my period of indentured servitude, but I've kept it up relatively regularly for a year and that's pretty impressive by my standards".

Is it just me, or does the sentence above contain an above-average incidence of keywords commonly used in menstrual cycle discussions? Coincidence or finely layered writing? I MUST KNOW!

maire said...

bloody cheek!