Monday, March 26, 2007

ukrainian dream

A friend of ours, the chihuahua lady, pulled up stakes and went to Ukraine last summer, in a move that was both bold and beautiful, young and restless, general and hospital, why didn't somebody stop me while I was ahead?

Although we all knew we'd miss her, we wished her the very best, and I for one was convinced that with time and patience she would find HER PEOPLE.

Well, folks, she has. And how. She sent me this snap of her newest Ukrainian friend. He's either a miner from the Donbass region or a male housekeeper, I couldn't quite make her out on the phone, there was a Ukrainian cover band doing a bangin' version of "Losing My Religion" in the background. But one thing I do know - he's FAB:

1 comment:

chihuahua lady said...

oh maire.....
:o)
you have to come and experience village life here,
Danza can pull cartloads of hay with grubby cheeked children aboard, and then he will swing you over his shoulder and smack you on the bum!