Wednesday, June 13, 2007

long time no blog

This morning was a sour milk morning - you know, when you take the time to make coffee rather than paying 40,000 kc for a cup at Java Java Java* but then you add the milk and it curdles because long-life milk lasts until June 2011 only when UNOPENED.

So you drink what's left in the coffee pot black because you don't have time to go to the store for more milk because you have to clean the kitty litter box. The "kitties" in question are busy leaving little black paw prints all over your tub and sink and you can't help but ask yourself "What have they ever done for me?" and the answer is, of course, "Nothing." Nor are they ever likely to do anything. Not like that Golden Retriever you heard about on the BBC the other night, the one who basically gave his owner the Heimlich maneuver when she choked on a piece of food. The dog jumped on her chest until the food was dislodged. My cats wouldn't do that. My cats would polish off my dinner then go live with the neighbors. (Above: My cats, dreaming of a life without me.)

As you may have noticed, it has been a month since I posted and I'm still on about my cats, so you clearly haven't been missing anything. Other than an addiction to the Gilmore Girls, a terrifying new Facebook membership, and an unsuccessful attempt to tidy my house and KEEP IT THAT WAY, there's not much to report.




*Some of the names in this post have been changed so I can bitch freely.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Mary, I'm looking forward to hearing your take on Mr. Conrad Black...also, your take on Carlos Slim as well.