Friday, August 25, 2006


Summertime...

I can't believe almost a full month has gone by since that last post. True, I was traumatized at being replaced by my own family, and it was some weeks before I could sit up and take nourishment (let alone hold a pen), so that explains some of the delay, but mostly, I've been on vacation (a fact I've chosen to illustrate with sand beaches and palm trees, although the closest I got to this was the riverbank at Branik with the old guys and women with the mahogany tans).

Vaca-SHONE, as the BBC announcer from Trinidad would say.

I've accomplished nothing of note in the past four weeks, unless you consider burning CD's and teaching the cat to fetch noteworthy and I can tell by your faces you do not.

My days of sloth are numbered, however: gainful employment is breathing down my neck.
(PICTURED: artist's rendition of gainful employment, note the malevolent stare and wingtip shoes and I admit, he does owe something to Grimace.) I start a real job on September 1. Yes, a real job, in an office setting (with luck, not a cubicle, but I don't know for sure). September is a good time for new starts and I'm really tempted to go out and buy a pencil case and some new shoes but I doubt I'll be editing technical documents in pencil and I own more shoes than God so that plan must be abandoned.

For now, though, I intend to enjoy my last few days of freedom i.e. DRINK!

Having a great time, wish you were here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor dear, having to enter back into 'gainful employment' I feel for you! Still wish I could go visit you but funds are tight but cross your fingers for 6/49 d'accord?!
LOVING YOU FROM PEI CANADA, (you should have seen the sunset tonight, fantastic and then the full moon rising, orange and huge, Ahhhhhh h beautiful)
Valérie