Saturday, September 09, 2006

Faithful readers!

Gainful employment has me to the mat and is twisting my arm.

I'd tell you about my new job, but my new job is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring I'd put you to sleep just telling you what I do between 9 a.m. and 9:07 a.m.. In fact, what I do between 9 a.m. and 9:07 a.m. puts me to sleep every morning but the THWACK of my forehead hitting the keyboard never fails to wake me up.

So enough about my new job. Let me tell you about my new passport: it cost me 3,200 kc. I could probably have got two Uzbeki passports and a couple from Albania for that price. A passport variety pack. At the very least, you'd think a 3,200 kc passport would entitle me to some special privileges (free admission to Bryan Adams concerts) or come with some free gift (a hockey stick or a Loverboy toque) but NOOOOOOOOOO 3,200 kc just buys you a garden-variety Canadian passport. Mine with a particularly grim photo, at least, I hope it's particularly grim, because if that's what I look like, I probably shouldn't ever go back home anyway.(Below right: my new passport photo.)


On the other hand, the ASP (that's "average street price" for the uninitiated -- one of the many, many perks of my GREAT new job is that I'll be talking like this from now on) of a Canadian passport worth 3,200 freakin' kc is probably pretty high. But I should sell soon, before our new prime minister drives the value down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...cost me 3,200 kc. I could probably have got two Uzbeki passports and a couple from Albania for that price."
Albanian couples go for far more than 3,200 nowadays. Especially if you want the good looking ones!

maire said...

you are SO right. the albanian couple i got can handle themselves in an exchange of gunfire or sail to italy in an old oil drum, but they're not much to look at.