Saturday, September 09, 2006

Let's Not Go!

sylvainsylvain's request for "more fucked-up travelogs" has been duly noted, but as I haven't gone anywhere other than work lately, there's not much to write about. This may change now that I have my new 3,200 kc passport (seriously, it SHOULD have some sort of special features - and being "machine-readable" doesn't count - it should be able to play MP3's or make julienne fries or help me lose weight while I sleep) but in the meantime, I have a great travel-related idea to share with you all: the "Let's Not Go!" guides.

Brilliant, no? The sort of brilliance found at the bottom of your fourth pint of Riegrovy sady beer (where I find most of my brilliance).

The idea is to write about places you'd never advise anyone to go. My first article will be "Let's Not Go Sackville, New Brunswick!"
I know, as if anyone needs to be warned against a town named "Sackville," but I've thought of my opening line and I can't bear not to write it: "There are worse things a person could do than go to Sackville, New Brunswick - crapping one's pants in public comes to mind."

Now all I have to do is set up a "wiki" (it sounds like a type of small tent, doesn't it? So how hard could it be to set up?), let everyone in the world know about it, post my opening article on Sackville, then sit back and let the thing write itself.

Dudes, it's as good as done.

No comments: