Thursday, January 26, 2006

'Tis the season...

...to whoof your cookies and watch 'em freeze! Yes, friends FROZEN PUKE SEASON is here! I know, because last night when I got home I had to step over what, at first glance, I took to be a relief map of Chile in my doorway.

But no! It wasn't a map at all! It was somebody's dinner -- and, if I'm any judge, his lunch too!

I've been taking note of all the frozen puke I've encountered since the temperature dropped below 0 celcius, and I realize that people employ widely different puking techniques. Some achieve a Jackson Pollock splatter effect, while others create something close to those papier machee volcanoes everyone made in junior high school (or maybe grade school. I get those two mixed up -- junior high is the zits and grade school is people singing "Campbell's soup/makes you poop/down your leg/and in your boot, right?)

If I had a digital camera I might be able to get a nice photo essay out of this. Perhaps I'll attempt a thumb-nail sketch.

I'd better get started soon, though -- the sun just came out.

No comments: