Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Gainful Employment

Sorry I've been so neglectful but, well, I've been working. (I heard that sharp, collective intake of breath and I agree, it is crazy.)

I tried telling some people about how hard my work is the other night and they didn't want to hear it. I think this has something to do with my last six years with the People's News Agency during which I gradually whittled my work day down to four hours, much of that spent surfing the net and writing emails I never actually sent to Matt Dillon.

WhatEVER.

I have always lent a sympathetic ear to my friends when they were working hard. I am always ready with a comment like, "Oh, you poor thing," or "That really sucks," or "Why don't you just quit?" But when I try to explain how I've been typing my fingers to the bone these past two weeks, I get, "Welcome to the real world, Mar" and "Now you know how the rest of us feel," and (my favorite) "I hope your computer crashes."

So I'm going to keep a stiff upper lip and stop whining and start picking on Stepan for still having things so easy.

1 comment:

maire said...

thank you both. especially valderah. hers sounds PARTICULARLY sincere :)