Friday, March 31, 2006

How high's the water momma?

It just occurred to me that some of you do not have a front row seat on the river (that's the Vltava, for those of you not familiar with Prague; the Moldau, for those of you who prefer knowing things in German or who lost track of this part of the world after the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian empire). I thought you might appreciate an eye witness account of the current situation (peers over spectacles, clears throat):

The river is HIGH.

We're not talking 2002 high - I haven't been forced to flee with nothing but the clothes on my back, abandoning all my worldly goods (including some frozen rhubarb I'd gone to some trouble to obtain and preserve) and throwing myself on the mercy of friends on higher ground. (i.e. I spent the night at my friend Martha's then returned the next day, when my electricity had been restored, and yes, I do think it has screenplay potential.)

My feet are still dry.

That's what counts.

(I've created a CNN-esque icon to identify all future Flood Watch 2006 posts.)Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

maire said...

sadly, i do not own a digital camera, nor does my phone have a camera, so i can either draw you a reasonable facsimile of the view from my window in paintbox, or do a google image search for "floods" and post a picture of a flood in some city and call it prague.