Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Because you asked...

The water is STILL HIGH. Okay? Are you all satisfied? You people who think that just because I announce I'm planning to monitor the flooding (and create a special CNN-esque icon to mark the posts) I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT? Me? The same woman who gave herself two years to move to New York and MISSED THE DEADLINE? Please.

Besides, it's not like i have nothing better to do than sit here with my eyes glued to the rising brown waters of the Vltava. I HAVE A LIFE, PEOPLE. I have dogs to walk, and cats to feed, and friends to meet for lunch, at least, I thought she was my friend until she STOOD ME UP like ONE MINUTE before i walked into the restaurant! And I want to try out this new recipe I just found and I may have to salt my own pork for it and I DON'T KNOW NUTHIN' ABOUT SALTIN' NO PORK!

So if you'll look closely at the icon, it's been somewhat modified - I am not going to "watch" the floods, I am going to "talk" about them. BUT ONLY WHEN I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

maire said...

"atlantic canada...so worldly...so cozy?" i LIKE that. you should sell that to the tourist bureaus! one day, i will return to live in the shadow of the fiddle. fear not. especially if you learn how to play it!