Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wednesdays with Trannies

A good friend (whose name starts with "m" and rhymes with "bike") has just rented a new apartment. I went to see it last night and was suitably impressed. Besides the usual mod cons (electric lighting, gas heating, running water, non-communal bathroom, kitchen sink) the place is located in a pretty courtyard that I would describe as reminiscent of Cordoba only I've never seen Cordoba so that would be a big fat lie and I'm trying to cut down on those AND it's located ABOVE a TRANSVESTITE CABARET.

Entrance is free on Wednesdays and having seen last night's show, I understand why. (At right is an artist's rendition of the act we saw - a guy dressed like a pregnant Mrs. Roper singing some Czech song that was not the theme to Three's Company.)

Come to think of it, the apartment has a sort of Three's Company feel to it, which my friend "bike" actually remarked on as were looking around.

My life often feels like a sitcom - on a good day Seinfeld, on a bad day, Who's the Boss? - so the idea of being a recurring character on Three's Company doesn't startle me as much as it might some. This is especially true since the cafe in the courtyard serves 21 kc Gambrinus. With enough 21 kc Gambrinus, I could sit through an episode of the real Three's Company.

So, if you're looking for me this summer and I'm not out rowing behind a barge full of medical waste while drinking beer (my favorite summer form of exercise, as some of you may remember from an earlier post) I'll be at the Regal Beagle. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

maire said...

good eye, stepan. i can't actually rule out the possibility that that WAS my old boss doing the pregnant mrs. roper routine.

and yes, bodacious, i do believe the travesti show will be incorporated into bikefest.