Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Opportunity knocks

Everyone today seems to be in the business of providing "solutions." Communications solutions, software solutions, office solutions, cross-cultural solutions, can-you-tell-i-just-googled-this? solutions, you name it.

But what good are solutions without PROBLEMS?

I'm sure I could create any number of problems, given the proper equipment (a crescent wrench and a high-power glue gun) and a sufficient amount of time. I could cause communications problems, software problems, cross-cultural problems -- I could even cause complex, inter-disciplinary problems, like, if I glued my fixed-line phone to the radiator.

I think I've found my calling.





2 comments:

Tokyo Sexwale said...

mary, maybe you could help me out with a problem. i need to not be able to work for 6 weeks, and i thought the best way to do it would be to totally fuck up my wrist. can you suggest a problem that could result in this fabulous solution?

maire said...

i suggest you glue your fixed-line telephone to your wrist, rendering typing impossible.

in future, i'll be charging for this service.