Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Flag Day

Okay, so, apparently today is FLAG DAY in Canada, which I'm supposed to be embarrassed for not knowing, but I don't think it's a bank holiday and when I checked the Globe & Mail I saw some Canadian chick winning a bronze medal in short-track speed skating and "Canada's beer surplus widens: American demand for Canadian suds continues to outstrip Canadian taste for U.S. grog."

So maybe it's actually BEER DAY, but Miss Universe here can't be seen drinking, so she waves the flag hoping no one notices her massive tiara is actually a modified beer helmet.

All of this simply makes me nostalgic for my own personal favorite Miss Canada -- Danielle House, from Newfoundland, who lost the title after being convicted of assault following a catfight in a St. John's bar.

Now that's something worth celebrating.

No comments: