Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rasinovo Nabrezi 76: Where speech is free, or at least, talk is cheap

I started working on a picture of Mohammed in Microsoft Paintbox, thinking I could post it and then watch hits on my site go sky high, propelled by the subsequent moral outrage.

I encountered two problems: first, it occurred to me that given that my blog name is also my address, provoking the wrath of Islamic fundamentalists mightn't be so wise.

Second, my Mohammed looked too much like Chachi Arcola to provoke anything more than nostalgia for Happy Days. (I probably shouldn't have drawn him in the center of the 45 on the record player, but it looked so cute.)

Instead, I've opted to play it safe and post a picture of the real Chachi Arcola.

On a related topic, if I were ever to take to the streets to protest a cartoon, that cartoon would be "Nancy and Sluggo."

1 comment:

Tokyo Sexwale said...

mary, you should focus your protesting energies on garfield. his repeated lasagna thefts are an affront to us all.

was sluggo that bearded, menacing man-child? or am i thinking of some other comic?

i think happy days jumped the shark when chachi called joanie 'an ugly little whore' right in front of the entire cunningham family, prompting fonzie to jump a shark-filled pool on his motorcycle to save her honor. although there's an argument to be made for any of the 13 other episodes in which fonzie jumped a shark-filled pool.