Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The View from Here

This is what I could see out my window at about 10 o'clock this morning: nothing. A reliable source tells me the wall of grey could well be an official inversion and that exercising in it would be like "smoking a pack of Starts while running behind a trabant."

Since smoking a pack of Starts while running behind a trabant is my exercise of choice in winter (in summer, I prefer to drink Gambrinus while rowing behind a barge piled high with medical waste), I don't think I'll let it stop me.

And actually, the sun is starting to elbow its way through the smog now. I can make out the shadowy forms of a group of tourists across the street, bundled up like so many globe-trotting Michelin men, gazing at the Dancing Building while -- what else? -- having a smoke. Posted by Picasa

No comments: